Getting To 50/50
April 26, 2018
On April 26, Baldwin Hills Crenshaw participated in 50/50 Day, a global day of action to promote gender equality in governments, businesses, culture, schools, and homes. BHC hosted a panel of powerful executives from institutions including CBS Studios, NBC Universal, and City National Bank. The event also featured a screening of Rethinking the Past, Present & Future: 50/50 of Women + Power, the event's flagship short film.
50/50 Day was created by Webby Awards founder and Emmy-nominated filmmaker Tiffany Shlain, who directed the 2016 film titled 50/50, which explored the history of women and power, and how to achieve a world with complete gender equality. On April 26, over 30,000 events took place across the globe, including the celebration at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw. The panel discussion focused on gender equality and women's economic empowerment-panelists speak on gender equality in their respective fields. This event was free and open to the community.
• Diane Robertson, ESQ., Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, CBS Studios
• Tina Farris, Veteran music tour manager and founder of Decades Conference
• Kimberly Ramsey, Interim President/CEO, Community Build, Inc.
• Ingrid Hadley, Manager, Employee Resource Groups - Corporate Diversity & Inclusion, NBCUniversal
• Sabrina K. Garba, President & CEO, Glass Ladder Group
• Andrea Collins, Portfolio Analyst, City National Bank
• Jarim Person-Lynn, Author and Wealth Coach, Brass Knuckle Finance
Baldwin Hills CrensHaw
Since the jazz era of the 1930s, Baldwin Hills Crenshaw (BHC) has remained a cornerstone of the South Los Angeles community and continues to honor the rich history, music and art of the area.
As the cultural hub in the Crenshaw Corridor, BHC is a place with strong community roots and we are committed to curating events that speak to the story of our neighborhood — concerts, jazz nights, inspirational celebrity interviews and unique activations.
To further this commitment, BHC partnered with All Music Television Digital Network to create OurCrenshawTV.com, an online lifestyle platform that celebrates this rich history and neighborhood.
OurCrenshawTV features digital programming – news and video content from BHC’s concerts and events, allowing us to share our unique stories with a global audience.
From the jazz era to the digital age, BHC’s influence continues to thrive and change with the times. Join us and share your story.